ouch....

does anyone else's hand get so sore from sewing? i feel like my fingers are going to fall off... and don't get me started on my back. oy, the perils of sewing everything by hand. i really love to hand sew, but when you are going for mass quantities of things it can get frustrating. i sometimes wish i would just pull out the sewing machine and whip out a bunch of things at once. in the end though, i do love sewing everything by hand. a lot of love and care goes into each thing i make. choosing colors, a design, cutting everything out and pinning, and then sewing each stitch-- i'm very proud of the end result, even though it takes me so long. i'm proud to take all these scraps and raw pieces and odds and ends, and make them into something entirely my own.

i'm working this week with a lot of upcycled materials, as well as fabric i have felted my self. i'll try to take a break and take pictures soon. if i can get my hands working again:)

1 comment:

ThePeachTree said...

That will be my excuse from now on for not sewing :) Hurts!