bringing in...



my house is starting to look a lot different. suddenly there are baby things everywhere. which is sort of strange without the baby! part of me feels like i am going backwards... it has been so long since i have had to think of all the things a baby might need. i'm used to children... who mostly can tell you what they need and can get much of it for themselves. part of me also feels like this is all brand new, a new beginning, a new life, a new little person i am becoming so curious to meet. i will be sad to let go of the pregnancy part of things. a little one who is truly part of me in a way no one else can experience. i'm so looking forward to meeting this little person though, and also i've sort of forgotten what it is like to have a waistline?!

above is a corner of my room. we don't do a nursery, the baby will stay with us for the first year or so. i cleared out our built in book shelf and have been slowly filling it with baby things (and yes, my hospital bag is starting to be filled too)... clothes, baby carriers, bathing items, and cloth diaper supplies. we will be using prefolds (which can be seen down in the corner there) along with wool covers. of course i can't resist wool! even before i started sewing with wool, i found the beauty of wool diaper covers while cloth diapering my son. we then used only wool with my daughter. unfortunately, i did not keep all of my covers (or any other baby supplies at all!). i have a few left, i have bought a few newborn covers, and i'm currently experimenting with making some of my own. i thought it would be easy, but they have been a bit challenging! i used some felted wool sweaters i already had on hand from my pile of thrifted wool so i knew it wouldn't be  great loss if they didn't turn out right. after two tries i'm starting to get the hang of it better, though it is hard to really tell how well they work until the baby is actually here and wearing them! i'm planning on making another with some nice wool i have and see how they turn out, and then maybe wait to try them before making any more.



everything is getting so close, and i'm excited to say i made it to 35 weeks! my last baby was born at 33 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia, as many of you may know. when i first found out i was pregnant 35 weeks seemed so far away, and now here it is and we are doing better than i could have hoped. no signs of pre-e so far and the baby is looking really healthy. the two times a week i go to the dr. (for about 6 weeks or so now) isn't always fun or easy but every good check up is worth it and so reassuring. i'm hoping things keep going well and i can have the experience of bringing home a healthy full term infant again.



my belly is getting so low and pointy! she is definitely getting ready. hopefully i will be ready too.

6 comments:

tricia said...

Cary
You look so amazing at 35 weeks and I am so excited for the arrival ! The little nook looks so sweet !

SImple and Serene Living said...

You look positively beautiful, and now I am going to have a little cry.

Melissa Crowe said...

Wow--you look amazing! I can't wait to see her beautiful face!

Heather said...

I love it! So happy for you. I can't wait to see the little one.

Cary said...

thanks... you are all so sweet:)

Elma said...

You looks so cute!! So glad you are 35 weeks what a Blessing!!!