saturday shopping list...
i'm not usually a big fan of valentine's day. i usually just avoid it or ignore it for the most part. i've been thinking about it a bit this year though. as i put away my christmas things, and was feeling the loss of the cheery color is adds to grey winter days, i started thinking about the sweet aspects of valentines day (and not just the candy!). i like the idea of adding pretty pinks and reds into our homes, the gesture of handmade and thoughtful gifts, a special meal shared together, or even just a little extra time made for someone you care about it. here are a few simple finds i wanted to share this week...
1) a dozen old romance novel paper flowers- a creative alternative to traditional flowers which will quickly fade, made by sparklepants
2) the white swan 1, fairy tale plush for grownups- this magical listing from lapomme is for one swan only, though it doesn't really look like they want to be seperated!
3) woodland white valentine bunny- from my very creative sister katy (winsomehollow). who could possibly resist that little heart nose?
4) sometimes of the land- a beautiful print from myfolklover. my husband and i often give prints to one another as gifts. it's a special way to share something you love that will be a reminder of that special occasion everytime you look at it.
5) print and give 2009 calendar- i love this creative gift idea from littlebrownpen! the lucky receiver(s) will remember your generosity all year long. plus, the shop is offering a free 2009 calendar right now with a purchase (also check out the really cool tutorial video they made http://tinyurl.com/6mk6t8)!
6) peacocks on your table- this vintage table cloth from vintagefoe is such a pretty way to add color to your home or make a meal extra special.
check out more lovely shopping lists over at fancypicnic, and visit my treasury based on my list this week, to see more great options for valentines day!