inspiration wednesday...


1. Finally... back to work...., 2. Rearranging, 3. 1, 4. Spring Decor in the Dry Sink, 5. [095/365], 6. gdańsk, 7. None so Precious, 8. Untitled, 9. my newest friend, 10. rocks and dirt, 11. my own heaven, 12. Sofi doll., 13. Untitled, 14. Untitled, 15. part two...bench monday, 16. my rock star being mobbed, 17. soft + sharp, 18. Untitled, 19. day two, 20. Turquoise, white and spring fresh, 21. Corner, 22. evening, 23. blue/bed, 24. nest, 25. garden gnomie working to remove the last bits of snow

i have been craving a bit of alone time these days. i am generally a sort of quiet and introverted person... basically bordering on hermit! not quite, i do need the balance of having other people around to keep me from getting stuck in my own head too much. i am a person who really does need time alone, though, and often. i have discovered this is not easy when i share my life with two very extroverted children! they like constant excitement, interaction, and noise. it's definitely a struggle for me to find the right balance these days... and often i remind myself how fleeting this time will be, how much quiet may stretch ahead of me.

staying with family has been such a great opportunity for us. we are really enjoying having people around us who love and care so much. the help with the children is especially nice of course, and i am so grateful for it. i must say i do miss having my own space, and the ability just to tune the world out when necessary.

what about you?

5 comments:

kendall.micayla said...

Wonderful list! Love every bit of it. :)
I am pretty much the same.... I am quiet (except when I eat sugar or have a lot of coffee) I ejoy just sitting outside and thinking. about anything and everything. When I talk with someone for more than half an hour, my voice hurts. (I dont use it a whole lot!) I become a bit braver when I write, so i spend a lot of time doing that. I enjoy being around people, but I really love having my quiet times.
Kendall

Mama_Amethyst said...

Before I met my fiance and the father of my child, I was planning on becoming a hermit. Spiritually, I felt like I could be filled to the brim and my cup runneth over with my love for God and God's love more me if I was alone. I could meditate more freely. I could do yoga whenever I wanted. I could study the gospels, gnostic gospels, and history of the earliest people. I could take walks. However, that was not to be the case. I met him and my heart felt alive. Now, I try to find balance with having a man and a little man in my life. I think it worked out better this way. I learn how to be more giving and less selfish on a daily basis. I have learned that it's not about me. It's not as easy to fill whole spiritually all the time, but those moments do come every once and awhile. I feel closest to God in nature alone or with my son. Yes, I can empathize. :)

Marian said...

I am totally 100% with you on the alone time, Cary. I'm living with my family (parents, 3 brothers, dog and the baby) at the moment and I so desperately need my space. I love the family and I enjoy most every moment with them but sometimes its just a lot. Can't say I know how to find a balance :)

Anonymous said...

I am partial hermit myself...but my children and I are all best buddies and they are quite extroverted and rambunctious...We have good times together. They have brought out the best in me...but again, like you, I need my "me" time...and that is at night, when everyone is tucked up in bed. I am free then to have my quiet time where I can create, read, daydream, journal, etc. It's a hard route to take, as my hours are different from my children's and I don't sleep as much as I'd like...but I have to have it for my sanity.

et lille oejeblik - a little moment said...

i agree with you: it's essential with some time alone. i need that. i do enjoy being a family, but i have moments, where i'd love to have some more time alone. but as you said: the future is going to have plenty of those moments. this time right now with little children is fleeting.