meet carmela...




here is another little happy thing that happened this weekend in lexington. last time i went, i surprised my family by bringing back our little kitten, bell. before leaving this time, my son told me he hoped i would bring back another. well, i had no intention of doing that but (!) after getting bell, we had kind of wished we had brought home one of her siblings... so she would have someone to play with (and scratch, other than my husband) and so the kids wouldn't fight over holding her. while at my grandmother's i discovered that some of the kittens were still available and in need of a home. the woman who had them is doing a wonderful thing... catching the feral cats in the neighborhood and getting them fixed. she took in bell's mother and her kittens to find homes for them, and have the mother fixed and released. another cat (actually bell's grandmother) just had another set of kittens who had been attacked by raccoons and needed a home inside. so she took them in... leaving her with many kittens! so we decided to bring home another little sweetie... carmela! we are already in love of course, and the kids are of course arguing over who gets to hold the new kitty. oh, well. they also call her carmellow... which is fitting since she is extremely mellow. so now we have bell, and "mel". and i'm done. no more kitties. i did bring home another though for my mother-in-law:) they are so hard to resist.

3 comments:

KnitterMama said...

Carmela is a GREAT name!

Cary said...

yes, she came with it and it suits her so well:) she has pretty carmel colored eyes.

Wendy said...

Hi Jack Henry and Sidney,

I miss you a lot. I hope someday you might visit me. I wish Katy could visit, too!

Your kitties are so cute and their names are pretty!

Love,
Abby