spring color...

                             



i'm so affected by color. in my home, i always tend to go for more neutral colors, with little pops of brighter color here and there. this is especially true with our current home. i like browns, blacks, whites and greys for the most part. most of the time these colors suit me and express who i am and who the house is, so to speak. on days when the world outside reflects these colors too, i can feel a bit overwhelmed by them though. we have had such a mild winter here, really i can't complain. already many flowers are starting to bloom. today i woke up to grey overcast skies and when i look out my window i see mostly neutrals reflected back... then i catch a few glimpses of those flowers. little pops of yellow daffodils, pink and purple magnolias. i also see the beautiful tulips my mother-in-law gave me sitting on my counter and the red roses my husband brought for valentines. there is the little pot of purple flowers my daughter gave me for my birthday on the dining table too. i guess my natural tendency is to be a bit moody and grey and sometimes i can get overwhelmed by that. i guess the people around me can see my need for little pops of color too. we all need that. luckily, even in the worst winters we can usually find nature provides us with these little unexpected pops of colors that let us know spring will eventually come. in our home we can create these for ourselves too.


via

via

via

via

via

3 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love those baskets. In my world you are the pop of color amongst the gray.

Cary said...

thanks mom;)

Elma said...

I love the baskets to:)