a few good moments...

well, it's been one of those weeks. i know i don't have to explain, you know what i mean. unfortunately, i can't say it was one of my shining moments of parenthood. we did get through it though, and we did have a few good moments. the photos above show a mini-time line of some of those moments. we played in the snow (on my birthday), snow ball fights and snowman building are always good fun. sidney and i had a little valentine project that she was quite proud of.. it is very simple sewing, i cut out the heart and helped guide the needle a little but she did most of the sewing and stuffing. finally we were blessed with a surprise at the end of it all... a wonderfully warm day!

i didn't think ahead before we set out to the park about what a warm day actually means... a winter thaw and lot's of mud. i should have put them in their rain boots to play. jack henry ended up losing both shoes in the mud, and i had to wade in to retrieve them after he came running back in just socks! they spent a lot of time rock jumping and running around. it was a much needed break from this very cold winter. i have been quite the hermit and really needed to get out in the sun. my husband finally has a day off today (after a week straight), and doesn't have to go back to work until tomorrow night. so, i am getting a glorious break from the children. don't get me wrong, i love them and all, but you know what i mean... i don't have to explain to you.

6 comments:

katy said...

i still love that sad little alien snowman!

love the joy in their faces just to get outside... and still feel their limbs! i'm bummed i missed the warm day.
enjoy your much needed break!

Anonymous said...

Good to see JH back in his sweater!
I will never forget one spring when I was about JH's age or so..I was wearing a pink faux fur coat, all gussied up after church and my older brother and I decided to play WWF Jimmy Superfly Snuka in the big mud pit behind our house. What could my mom do when we showed up at the back door saturated in mud? I think the coat was a total loss, I don't remember ever wearing it again! Your guys look immaculate in comparison. ENJOY! (Make that washer machine WORK for you!) Love you all and miss you.
-Suz

Cary said...

katy and i once turned a giant hole that was in our driveway to fix plumbing pipes into a mud pit by turning the sprinkler on. we actually slid down inside the pit into the mud. my mom came home to find us covered head to toe in mud. i tried not to get to mad at jh, and we were able to save the shoes.

Stacey said...

Great collage of happy moments. I love your shop and blog. :)

Cary said...

thanks stacey... beautiful photos on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am *SO* understanding what you mean! It has been one of those weeks for us too.