winter blues...




i know i can't really complain about winter in georgia but i guess 11 years in new york earns me the right a little bit. this time of year i get so blue. i know intellectually spring is right there but something inside just seems to shut down. i want to curl up in bed and stay there. i can't seem to get anything right these days. this week i am burning meals, acting grumpy, finding very little motivation or creativity. i keep thinking of projects but can't seem to start or finish anything. i want to go do things but the days seem to slip out from under me. i am cross with the children and can't come up with enough fun ideas to get them inspired. what do you do this time of year to get rid of the blues? i always seem to do the opposite of what i know will help... eating lousy food, too much sugar and caffeine, not enough exercise, not enough sunshine, feeling sorry for my self, avoiding socializing with friends. why is this? come on sun and warm breezes, i'm ready for you... but not mosquitoes. that is one thing i am grateful for in winter.

this is what i really want to be doing right now. i love the photography on this blog. oh, to be so young again, just for a moment.



                                                                           Source: theroadishome.com via Cary on Pinterest



5 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

Funny you should post about this now because I have been thinking about how soft I've gone, having just moved to NC from Maine, for lord's sake, but I am SO ready for real spring--flowers and steadily warm weather and picnics and swimming. We are totally on the verge of it, I know, and that's making me feel agitated and impatient! I've been thinking a little road trip might help...

Cary said...

oh, i hope it's some where fun! that sounds liek a good idea. i love road trips. maybe it's harder without real winter? you don't get a lot of the good parts of winter, just blah weather. although, i know in new york i would still be waiting until may for true spring when it will be here any day now in georgia, so i can't complain too much.

Moon and Sparrow Sandy said...

I feel like I wrote this! I have been a totally impatient crabface for weeks. One thing I do is mke sure I'm out with the kids on bad days - the library, the mom-kid cafe... just so that the day goes by more quickl and I won't yell. Have also been doing 10 minute guided visualizations on whichever emotion I want to feel- one a day. Just go to Youtube, search for example "10 minute guided meditation positivity" ... this helps!

Hang in there,

Sandy

Cary said...

I feel like I was better about doing those things when the kids were younger. Now I feel like its harder to find something that will be interesting to all. It was easier.. or maybe more routine in NY too. Thanks for the meditation suggestion. I practiced yoga several times a week up until Tess was born and now I've done it once in 7 months! It took me so long to build up routine and then I set it aside so easily. I need to try harder with that. I will check it out. Thanks Sandy:)

Moon and Sparrow Sandy said...

Just saw your response now. I know, I have been trying to start meditating for almost a year now :( Why can't I find 20 minutes for myself everyday? Or a couple of times a week? For now the youtube quickies will do.

Pick it up again! Do it!