quality over quantity...



... another way of saying things are coming along slowly. well, i had planned to have a lot more done by now but it's not working out that way. you know how it goes... one kid getting sick, which means days home from school and doctor visits. our tub cracked, which means no showers (we luckily have another bathtub though), which means workers here for days putting in a new one and all the disruption that goes a long with it. some other big plans going on in the family, which i'll discuss more of later... and so on. many excuses i know (and also a bit of laziness). i can say that i am pleased with the quality of my work lately, though. i am proud of the way my sewing skills have been improving lately. i have lot's of new ideas as well. i just need to buckle down a little more and get them done. i will go ahead and open up my shop again in a few days because i really need to, but i won't have one large collection as planned. i'll have a few new pieces and i'll continue to add to them over the next month. you can see more pictures of my pieces on flickr.

just to give you an idea of what lies ahead, my next project will be a collection of "wild" animals. for those missing my elephants, look for a some new styles to returns to the shop, as well as some other new wild beasts! i'm excited to get to work on that down the road a little bit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

elephants! I can't wait to see them, sadly won't be able to buy one just yet, as there is a possible baby number 3 on the way, but, in time. in time. I will just have to convince you to make a few of them when I can actually afford them :)
<3
Miri

Cary said...

oh my goodness Miri! wow, i guess you are pretty busy now:) perhaps we could work out a trade sometime (when you have time). i know how crafty you are. i love to trade with friends.

Cary said...

ok, Miri, how did i miss that you have opened a shop? i just popped over to your blog and i was surprised! how exciting! i'll post something here about it and your giveaway. good luck!

Anonymous said...

oh you are so sweet. it really just opened because my husband complained about the millions of felt covered stones (& rocks!) we have around the house recently. Poor man, but a shop seems a good solution,at least that justifies the huge amount of craft supplies i make him buy :)
oh a trade , that is so silly, do you not know how amazing you are?! My limited skills compared to all the gorgeous things you create? Ha!

Anonymous said...

beautiful feathers....

Cary said...

thanks beruta:)

Melissa de la Fuente said...

oh my......those feathers! They are absolutely beautiful! I love them....
xo
Melissa