abby glassenberg...

i have been a fan of abby glassenberg's work for quite some time, and since moving to atlanta i had the opportunity to see it in person. last weekend i took my sister and mother-in-law over to the young blood gallery where abby and david hale have a show together... "birds of a feather". it was of course right up my alley... with my love for soft sculpture, and fascination with feathers, stones, etc. it was a lovely collection and worked well together. we were all very impressed with abby's work. her attention to detail is amazing. the number of panels and pleats used to create the shape of the birds was also quite impressive. unfortunately, my camera battery died about five pictures in, and i didn't have many to choose from here. i was hoping to show some of her detailing, and also a few larger photos of the gallery space. you can visit their flickr site to see more photos. the flying birds were wonderful! i'm so glad i had the chance to go... i'm now an even bigger fan!

if you are in the area, the gallery and boutique are very nice, and i saw quite the collection of etsy artists in the storefront. we also had a yummy brunch at the cafe next door... where i ate outside on the patio!!! do you know how lng it's been since i've eaten outside? oh, it was just lovely.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just commented on Abby's blog over how upset I was I could not attend her show, hopefully it will run long enough for me to get up there to see.
Have you been over to The Seed Factory yet, some great artist are showing there now too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cary,
I'm so glad you made it to the gallery! Thank you for taking the time to see my work. It was such a great show to be a part of - I love what David made and how it all worked together. And that cafe next door is so good! I ate dinner there after a long day of installing everything and it was wonderful! I hope to see your work in person some time, too.
Best,
-Abby

Sarah said...

Soft sculture is awesome!♥

kendall.micayla said...

Cool! I love the birds, I dont think I have seen soft sculptures before... like 'em! :)
Kendall

Cary said...

thanks erin, i'll check that out.

thanks abby- i'm truly glad i ha the chance to finally see them in person. they were really wonderful and inspiring!

Unknown said...

beautiful work by abby--- i had first seen her on etsy. very nice feature cary. how nice to have seen her work in person. david's work is quite nice too!