doily obsession...




as you may have guessed i am guilty of a little doily obsession...partly fueled by this wonderful designer and blog, and the huge heap of handmade loveliness my mom bestowed on my sister and i recently. she has been holding onto a large collection of doilies, lace, table cloths, pillow cases, and just handmade goodness in general, made by women in her family. oh, how i am enjoying looking through this very large collection! i have already started to display some in the house (i have plans for a doily wall), but also have been incorporating them into my shop displays.... and now into my work! i have just listed this lovely turquoise blue and white wool mushroom in the shop. i think the vintage crochet lace is a lovely way not only to honor and preserve the handiwork of the past, but also mimics nature it's self!

4 comments:

kendall.micayla said...

eek!!! i love the mushroom, its perfect. i also love that blue with the lace!
that pumpkin is darling... it makes me want fall so badly!
i always enjoy your posts!!!

Melissa Crowe said...

Ooh, I love it!

Cary said...

thanks... more to come soon... if i can get myself to stay away at night to get some work done!

Marian said...

I love my pumpkin and Handmade Charlotte dress! Also, congrats on finding your ring...how amazing!!