a lot of work, a lot of coffee, a lot of distractions...



i have been working this past week on my new winter collection. slow going as usual, with two little ones. i kept my project in the kitchen and tried to work here and there when the children were occupied (my son took the last photo along with a million others. i don't usually let him use my camera, so he was very happily distracted). this little grey donkey is made from a vintage pattern, that i adapted a little to make it more seasonal. i love the idea of the humble little donkey. i tried to capture a sweetness, and the image of the donkey as both a companion and helpmate to humans. i made some little trinkets for the baskets that will come with him, but they can be removed and seasonal nature items like evergreen or berries can be added. i plan to make a little brown donkey an white one as well... but next up, i think will be a penguin. or maybe a deer? or my tree project i have abandoned? too many ideas and not enough time!

** next post i will share some halloween/birthday photos!

6 comments:

Marian said...

This makes me think of Disney's Christmas move "The Small One" which is the sweetest movie ever and has always made me cry.

mummysam said...

oh.my.
stunning.

Cary said...

marian... i can't believe i haven't see that! i found it on youtube.. it looks adorable! i'll have to watch it with my kids:)

sammi- thanks:)

sonia Parikh said...

i love the new donkey cary- he is so sweet.

sonia

Cary said...

thanks sonia! i have something special in the mail for you this week:) xoxo

DEK said...

OHHH This is one of my favorites. You never cease to amaze!