cabin retreat...



i have always wanted to stay in a cabin the week after christmas, and this year we finally did it! we went up to the mountains of asheville and had such a lovely time. we found a little cabin from the 1800's that had been lovingly renovated... it had lots of beautiful land, outbuildings and a creek. we also ventured often into asheville and the surrounding area, including the arboretum which was lovely even in winter. my husband and i actually were married in asheville nearly 10 years ago but haven't been back since then! we were able to take the kids to see the inn where we were married and it was amazing to be back there with them! we hope to visit asheville again sooner and not wait another ten years... hopefully in warmer months because we have only been there in the cold. it is only about 4 hours from us now, so i am sure we will be back again soon.

















p.s. from the pictures of the kids half dressed it may not look that cold but it was, it even snowed while we were there! they are just crazy.

8 comments:

Ellen said...

What a beautiful cabin! I could live there year-round. Do the people rent it? If so, please email me the info.

Cary said...

we found it here... they rent by the week:

http://www.vrbo.com/267573

Elma said...

WOW I just love those cabins. I would love to live in one:) Thanks for sharing!!!

mummysam said...

oh my goodness! we may have crossed paths :) my mum and dad just moved there, and we went to visit them the week following Christmas...little did I realize just how close you were

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful cabin, picture 8 is gorgeous.

Melissa Crowe said...

Beautiful! And maybe next time you visit Asheville (where I am moving at the end of May), we can meet up for lunch!

Melissa Crowe said...

You, me, and Sam!

Cary said...

sam- i'm sorry we missed each other! that is a really funny coincidence!!

melissa- i would love that! i'm a little bit jealous of you, you will love it there!