home at last...


i have always asked myself where i would rather live... in the city or in the country? if i answered truthfully, it would be both. i love the romantic appeal of living on a farm, the benefit of country life and nature. yet, at heart, i am probably a city girl. i like to be able to walk places, and have places to walk to! never did i really think it was possible to actually have both... until i saw a lovely 1870 (or perhaps earlier!) farmhouse right in the heart of atlanta... and fell in love. now, i am happy to announce that i am the proud owner of this lovely house!! this will be the first "real" home for my family, the first we can actually call our own, and i'm really excited to be able to share it with you at last!














i can't wait to share more with you! we are getting ready to move in now... doing some painting and floor work, replacing windows. we have a lot bigger plans down the road, but for now we are really just excited to call it our own.... and finally move in!

happy new year!!

10 comments:

Leigh said...

Beautiful, I love it! Is that Grant Park? My husband and I just bought a house in Candler Park and love being homeowners. Congrats!

kristin said...

oh Cary!! it's lovely! a place where many memories are sure to be made. congratulations on the new home and blessings in 2011. xx

Melissa Crowe said...

It's AMAZING! I love it so much, and I'm beyond thrilled for you. I can't wait to see if filled with your beautiful family and your lovely things! Congratulations.

Lyn said...

gosh what a gorgeous house can't wait to see you turn it into a home
love
Lyn
xxx

katy said...

i get excited for you all over again, every time i see it!

Anonymous said...

OH I am soooo excited for you!! I love the house!! The beautiful wood floors and front door oh my!! The tub:) You are so going to love living there!!! Can't wait to see more picutes!!Elma
elma2179@yahoo.com

Cary said...

thanks for all your nice comments! we are very excited :)

leigh- i guess the sunburst gives it away;)

Unknown said...

pretty, pretty and congratulations!

oh, and feel free to invite us to any housewarming you have ;)

Heather said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Congratulations Cary! It is gorgeous.

Hara said...

I love this style of house and can't wait to see your life in your new home.